Internships in Tallahassee
The Florida Democratic Party (FDP) is currently accepting applications for internships. FDP internships for credit require a minimum of one semester or one summer in length. Internships that are not for credit may begin at any time and can be open-ended. All internships are unpaid and generally require a time commitment of 10 to 20 hours a week.
Interns can request to focus on one particular area of FDP operations. Need and availability differs from semester to semester. Focus Areas include: Media, Voter Technology, Party Building and County Organization, Fundraising, and Compliance.
Responsibilities associated with an internship may include, but are not limited to, research, assisting in fundraising, membership recruitment and voter outreach, office correspondence, event planning, answering/directing phone calls, list and data management, monitoring the media, and various writing projects. A more detailed explanation of responsibilities associated with each area of focus will follow once your application has been received.
Qualified interns should:
- Be dependable, responsible, detail-oriented, receptive, motivated, and able to work independently in a fast paced, demanding environment;
- Be interested in politics and the political process both nationally and in the State of Florida;
- Be knowledgeable about the Democratic Party platform;
- Consider themselves a Democrat;
- Be available to work at least 10-20 hours each week Monday through Friday between 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM for the length of a semester (varies depending on college)
Interns are vital to our operation. Historically, the more an intern puts into the experience, the more they get out of the experience. High-level work and willingness to learn is a must.
Application Process and Deadlines
- Internship applications are now being accepted.
- Not-for-credit internship applications are accepted at any time.
- To be considered, applicants must e-mail a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Resume and cover letters can also be mailed or faxed to:
Florida Democratic Party
214 South Bronough Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301