Our mission is to give every family, every small business, and every American a path to lasting prosperity by electing Democrats up and down the ticket. We are a driven team of passionate people, working around the clock to achieve our mission and put our country on the right path forward.
We are seeking diverse Organizers to work in neighborhoods and communities across the I-4 Corridor, as we engage voters and work to elect Democrats up and down the ticket. Spanish speakers are preferred.
Role Overview & Day-to-Day
Organizers are the frontline of the campaign. They are the smiling faces that our voters and volunteers see most often. They are essential to us winning this election. Organizers will be responsible for an array of tasks centered around communicating the democratic message, and talking with volunteers and voters on a daily basis. We need Organizers who are high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to work long hours.
In addition to being incredibly valuable to the campaign, Organizers develop skills that can be applied in a wide range of sectors and industries, including presenting, careful listening, data reporting & tracking, hustle, messaging, and teamwork. They also get first-hand exposure to how a major campaign operates, which is valuable for anyone interested in careers in politics or civic engagement. Our Organizers comes from all sorts of backgrounds: rural & urban, early-career to late-career, political aficionados to campaign novices. We want all types.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to expand the volunteer network.
- Manage and execute phone banks, canvasses, and voter registration drives, among other activities.
- Plan other special events in order to reach voters or engage with external groups.
REQUIRED SKILLS & BACKGROUND
- Great energy and attitude.
- Exceptionally well-organized, with an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to speak confidently (one-on-one and in groups) and write clearly (e.g. emails).
- Frequent regional travel required; access to a vehicle; access to a cell phone.
- A deep dedication to electing Democrats.
- Disciplined and solutions-oriented approach on all tasks.
- Candidates with experience building coalitions among diverse groups of people and experience in holding volunteers accountable are preferred.
We review Organizer applications on a rolling basis, so there is not a specific timeline on which you should expect to hear back. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Florida Democratic Party (FDP) is an equal opportunity employer. FDP believes every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion. Consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, FDP provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship. This includes employment decisions related to hiring, promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, termination, and training.