Wrong for Florida: This November, Floridians Will Reject Pam Bondi’s Partisan Priorities
This week, Pam Bondi qualified to run for reelection as Attorney General. The fact is, Pam Bondi’s Tea Party agenda ignores the needs of Florida’s middle class and puts her own partisan agenda first:
- Bondi has been a vocal advocate for bringing the Tea Party-backed Arizona-style immigration law to Florida.
- In a complete dereliction of duty, Bondi had Rick Scott reschedule the execution of a convicted murderer so she could attend a fundraiser for her campaign.
- Bondi wasted Floridians tax dollars by standing up for polluters in Chesapeake Bay — 700 miles from Florida.
- Bondi fired her attorneys in charge of protecting consumers from foreclosure fraud.
- Bondi hatefully argued that marriage equality would cause “significant public harm” to Florida. She also argued that LGBT Floridians were incapable of raising children because they were not “stable and enduring family units.”
Florida Democratic Party Chair Allison Tant said, “For nearly four years, Pam Bondi has failed Floridians every step of the way. From protecting big businesses over consumers to her bigoted stance against Hispanic and LGBT Floridians Bondi has shown that she is completely out of step with the middle class. She has used her office as a platform to force a misguided Tea Party agenda on our state, putting her own political needs first. How else can she explain rescheduling an execution — one of the most solemn duties of the Attorney General’s office — so she could attend a political fundraiser?”
“Floridians are ready for an attorney general that stands up for the rights of all Floridians, and prioritizes the duties and dignity of the office over scoring political points for radical Tea Partiers. In November, I’m confident they’ll elect an attorney general to do just that.”