Congressman Gone Wild on Vacation: Many Questions Remain about his Taxpayer Funded Debauchery
TALLAHASSEE, FL — On the heels of an explosive Politico report detailing an FBI investigation into Congressman Steve Southerland's participation in "a late-night swim in the Sea of Galilee that involved drinking, numerous GOP freshmen lawmakers, top leadership staff – and one nude member of Congress, " the Florida Democratic Party issued the following statement:
"Congressman Southerland's participation in this type of conduct is an embarrassment to all Floridians," said David Bergstein, spokesman for the Florida Democratic Party. "When he's not voting to make Medicare a voucher program, Southerland continues to show the people of north Florida that he is part of the problem in Washington. Southerland's true values have been stripped bare, and he's shown his constituents, yet again, that he's become part of the problem in Washington."
- Did Southerland drink to excess in Israel, and was he intoxicated on a official trip to the Holy Land?
- How much did this Congressman Gone Wild trip cost the taxpayers?
- Will Southerland apologize for the embarrassing conduct of his fellow Republican Congressman and potentially himself abroad, and will he acknowledge that "alcohol may have played a role in why some of those present decided to jump in?"
- What would the Southerland who campaigned on reforming Washington have said about this embarrassing behavior abroad?
- Did Southerland miss any meetings following this late night swimming party in which alcohol and skinny dipping where involved?