Congressman Rivera's Embarrassing and Intoxicated Trip To Israel
Congressman Gone Wild on Vacation: Many Questions Remain about This Debauchery on the Trip Abroad
TALLAHASSEE, FL — On the heels of an explosive Politico report detailing an FBI investigation into a congressional delegation trip to Israel that Congressman David Rivera participated in, which included "a late-night swim in the Sea of Galilee that involved drinking, numerous GOP freshmen lawmakers, top leadership staff – and one nude member of Congress, " the Florida Democratic Party issued the following statement:
"If Congressman Rivera participated in this type of conduct it's an embarrassment to all Floridians," said David Bergstein, spokesman for the Florida Democratic Party. "When he's not voting to make Medicare a voucher program, Rivera continues to show the people of Florida that he is part of the problem in Washington. Rivera's true values have been stripped bare, and he's shown his constituents, yet again, that he's become part of the problem in Washington."
- Did Rivera drink to excess in Israel, and was he intoxicated on a official trip to the Holy Land?
- How much did this Congressman Gone Wild trip cost?
- If Rivera participated in this embarrassing conduct with his fellow Republican Congressman will he acknowledge that "alcohol may have played a role in why some of those present decided to jump in?"
- What would the Rivera who campaigned on reforming Washington have said about this embarrassing behavior abroad?
- Did Rivera miss any meetings following this late night swimming party in which alcohol and skinny dipping where involved?