ICYMI: Report: Scott Fundraising With Career Politicians at Odds with His Term Limit Policy
Tampa Bay Times: Scott wants to end career politicians. So why are they fundraising for him? He won’t say, 4/17/2018
- "This concept of career politicians is why we don't get change in Washington," Scott said before career politicians campaign for him in Washington
- "Gov. Rick Scott told a room of local businessmen and women Tuesday that he wants to put an end to career politicians, a frequent mantra of his nascent Senate campaign. Yet in the 48 hours after his Tampa appearance, the Republican's campaign will hold fundraisers with some of the most seasoned creatures on Capitol Hill."
- "House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — the early front runner to be the next Speaker of the House — is scheduled to appear at a Wednesday night D.C. fundraiser for Scott. On Thursday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is headlining another fundraiser, this one with a suggested contribution of $5,000, that features a half dozen other Senators and former elected officials."
- "McConnell was sworn into the Senate in 1985 — a career that easily surpasses Scott's proposal to cap a Senator's tenure at 12 years."
- "Term limits are so central to Scott's early campaign, they were the subject of his first campaign ad… So how does Scott reconcile these two realities? Asked about it after his Tampa event, he didn't really say."