In First 30 Days as FDP Chair, Stephen Bittel Delivers on Campaign Promises to Rebuild the Party
Today, one month after his election, Stephen Bittel announced significant progress towards rebuilding the Florida Democratic Party.
“I ran for Chair on a platform of reform and securing much needed resources to rebuild the Democratic Party’s grassroots efforts. Today, I’m proud to announce that in the first 30 days we've raised an immediate $500,000, established a committee to draft bylaws that work for a modern, big tent Democratic Party, and invested more than $100,000 into our clubs, executive committees and caucuses.”
After securing a decisive victory in January, Stephen Bittel immediately went to work to deliver on his campaign promises to rebuild the Florida Democratic Party.
Included in the many accomplishments in the first 30 days:
- Raised an immediate $500,000.
- Established a charter and bylaws revision committee to draft a new, more inclusive governing structure for the Party.
- Launched a $100,000 challenge grant to grow Democratic rolls and rebuild grassroots activism in all 67 counties.
- Announced three new senior level communications positions, including a director of Hispanic media.
- Expanded Florida Democratic Party presence and offices in South Florida.
- Launched a national search for a President and two new Senior Vice Presidents of the Florida Democratic Party