Pam Bondi Continues to Lie About Trump Foundation's Illegal Pay-to-Play Donation
Today, Pam Bondi’s attempt to provide answers about bribery allegations only served to raise more questions. Bondi gave a series of bizarre statements that contradict common sense as well as fact, while still denying Floridians an open, transparent accounting of the circumstances surrounding the illegal $25,000 donation she accepted from Trump's foundation.
This morning, Pam Bondi…
- Claimed she cannot remember how she met Donald Trump.
- Misleadingly claimed the complaints about Trump University where handled “on a staff level” when documents prove the Deputy Attorney General and Assistant Attorney General had been briefed.
- Falsely claimed there was “nothing improper” about a donation that illegally came from Trump’s foundation.
- Compared complaints about Trump University ripping off Floridians for thousands of dollars to complaints about “advertising issues” made against the Tampa Bay Times
- Claimed that had she attempted to return the money, the press would have written “Bondi accepted bribe, got caught, and returned it.”
“Today’s press conference proves that Pam Bondi, like Donald Trump, just doesn’t get it,” said FDP Chair Allison Tant. “She’s gotten caught lying so many times that it’s amazing she can say with a straight face that there was ‘nothing improper’ about Trump’s illegal donation. The fact that she acknowledged the $25,000 donation looks like a bribe while still refusing to allow an independent inquiry makes it clear to all Floridians that Donald Trump and Pam Bondi think the rules don’t apply to them.”