Rick Scott Demonstrates Hypocrisy as He Raises Money From Lobbyist He Bashed as Insider
"Scott's bashing of insiders doesn't mean he won't take their money. And there's nothing new with that, especially for Scott." – Politico Florida
Rick Scott is bashing insiders and saying he will shake up Washington, but tonight he is joining some of the biggest insiders including Mitch McConnell in Washington for a fundraiser. Scott’s also raising money with Haley Barbour -- who called Scott a liar and funded ads pointing out Scott’s record of Medicare fraud. Scott, in turn, called Barbour an insider.
As Rick Scott prepares to fundraise with ultimate insiders in Washington tonight and still refuses to disclose his conflicts of interest, Florida Democratic Party spokesman Sebastian Kitchen released the following statement:
“Rick Scott is going to shake down Washington – not shake up Washington. Scott cannot run against insiders when they’re who is funding his campaign. He is deceiving the people of Florida to pretend, when he his hanging out with career politicians and lobbyists in D.C., that he is an outsider. Rick Scott wants to go to Washington to do the same thing he did in Tallahassee – look out for himself and his donors, which has worked well since he is worth $46 million more than when he took office.”
Rick Scott is being called out for his hypocrisy as he cozies up to insiders and talks about term limits while running for his third term in office. He has also been campaigning for more than 10 days now, but is still hiding his secret account and conflicts of interest from Floridians.
Florida Politics: The paradox: Rick Scott talks outsider, plays insider game
- “Scott’s tacit pitch: being able to play the inside game from day one, while still using outsider rhetoric, such as he did on taxes.”
- “As the Tampa Bay Times reported, he has yet to reconcile the seeming inconsistency between railing at the permanent political class and feeding from its fundraising trough.”
Florida Politics: Rick Scott says only ‘career politicians’ are concerned with his blind trust
- “Florida Democrats have said the Republican Governor has offered ‘nothing but silence’ regarding ‘his own secret account … and how he has become $46 million wealthier while he is in office.’”
- “Scott broke that silence, but offered little in the way of disclosure.”
Politico Florida Playbook: Rick Scott coincidentally MIA again with his friend and ally Donald Trump in Florida
- “It’s a different story with Gov. Rick Scott now that he’s running for Senate. He’s again nowhere to be found by Trump’s side."