Rick Scott Loser of the Week [Again]
ICYMI: Rick Scott Loser of the Week [Again] and Set to take fire in multiple Democratic races
TALLAHASSEE, FL – Rick Scott the candidate will have to answer questions about Rick's Recession and he's named loser of the week for having no influence over off-shore drilling. Here’s what they’re saying:
Tampa Bay Times, 1/21/2018: As Senate candidate, Rick Scott will take fire in multiple races
- “It's increasingly clear that if and when Gov. Rick Scott finally revs the engine on his campaign for U.S. Senate, he will face attacks not just from Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson but also from countless other Democrats up and down the ballot in Florida.”
- “Democratic gubernatorial candidates Chris King, Gwen Graham and Andrew Gillum are all over the state accusing Scott of doing little to grow Florida out of a low-wage economy, of failing to protect nursing home residents during Hurricane Irma and embracing tax policies that help large corporations far more than working Floridians.”
- The economy and management of the state are widely seen as the strongest parts of Scott's image, but those are among the chief targets for Democrats...” as"a majority of Florida's counties, especially those in rural areas, are actually worse off today than they were before the recession hit."
- “…and he will have to answer for failing to protect nursing home residents during Hurricane Irma and embracing tax policies that help large corporations far more than working Floridians."
- The "governor who denies climate change," ... "will face attacks not just from Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson but also from countless other Democrats up and down the ballot in Florida."
Tampa Bay Times, 1/21/2018: Rick Scott Named Loser of the Week
- "Wasn't our governor supposed to have lots of influence with his pal Donald Trump? Apparently, not enough to prevent the White House from ending oil drilling protections for the Sunshine State or even giving Scott a heads up."
..."candidate Trump sounded unenthusiastic about more drilling when he gave his first Florida interview to the Tampa Bay Times in February, 2016: "It would be a little bit of a shame (to expand drilling closer to Florida), because there's so much fracking, and there's so much oil that we have now that we never thought possible," he said then." See also: Rick Scott Named Loser of the Week on January 6, 2017, November 12, 2017, and September 24, 2017.