“Under Rick Scott, the big special interests aren’t just getting million-dollar handouts — they’re also getting taxpayer-paid steaks, drinks, and football tickets” — Chair Allison Tant
According to recent reports
, Rick Scott’s business recruitment organization, Enterprise Florida, has been caught red-handed charging hundreds of thousands of dollars living a lavish lifestyle on the taxpayers’ dime.
Here is a list detailing some of the bills racked up by Enterprise Florida, charged to Florida Taxpayers:
- More than $500,000 charged on Enterprise Florida’s American Express Card
- More than $21,000 spent at Yankee Stadium in New York City
- More than $7,000 spent at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas
- More than $7,000 spent at fancy restaurants
- More than $4,000 spent at Turner Field in Atlanta, Georgia
- More than $4,000 spent on limousine services
Floridians deserve a full accounting of Enterprise Florida’s expenditures, and especially the mountain of charges to their American Express card.
“No wonder Rick Scott’s top business recruiters have failed so totally to create new jobs. They’re too busy living the lifestyle of the rich and famous with taxpayer money. Not only is Rick Scott allowing his ‘job creators’ to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous, he has repeatedly defended their abysmal performance. Under Rick Scott, the big special interests aren’t just getting million-dollar handouts — they’re also getting taxpayer-paid steaks, drinks, and football tickets,” said Florida Democratic Party Chair Allison Tant.
Floridians deserve answers and accountability from Rick Scott. But they have learned better than to expect either.