The Florida Democratic Party welcomes Kellyanne Conway’s Women for Trump Event by reminding her of Trump’s most awful statements about women.
“Who better to represent Donald Trump to women than the person who has constantly defended his misogyny” stated Terrie Rizzo, chair of the Florida Democratic Party.
Conway has a history defending Trump’s sexism and using spin to evade the truth: After a leaked tape surfaced in 2016 of Trump saying “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything … Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything,” Conway lept to his defense telling CNN Trump is “gracious and a gentleman” and demanded media not use the term “sexual assault” to describe Trump’s statement on being able to sexually assault women.
Rizzo continued “When Donald Trump says up, Kellyanne Conway claims he said down. She has made a career of defending his ugly statements and spinning lies. Perhaps while she is in our state she can comment on some of the degrading statements he’s made toward women, and maybe she will try to spin Trump’s anti-women agenda as great for women.”
In honor of Conway’s visit, the Florida Democratic Party has put together some of Trump’s most sexist statements:
- Called Stephanie Clifford a horseface: “Federal Judge throws out Stormy Danials lawsuit versus Trump. Trump is entitled to full legal fees.” @FoxNews Great, now I can go after Horseface and her 3rd rate lawyer in the Great State of Texas. She will confirm the letter she signed! She knows nothing about me, a total con! [Twitter, 10/16/18]
- Trump’s advice to men accused of sexual misconduct: “deny, deny, deny” and “be aggressive.” “You’ve got to deny, deny, deny and push back on these women. If you admit to anything and any culpability, then you’re dead. … You’ve got to be strong. You’ve got to be aggressive. You’ve got to push back hard. You’ve got to deny anything that’s said about you. Never admit.” [The Week, 10/16/18]
- Trump claimed Mika Brzezinski was bleeding from a facelift: “I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came … to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!” [Twitter, 7/29/17, 7/29/17]
- Trump claimed Senator Kirsten Gillibrand was “begging” and “would do anything” for a campaign contribution: Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED! [Twitter, 12/12/17]
- Attacked Carly Fiorina for her face: “Look at that face. Would anybody vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president? I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?” [Rolling Stone, 9/9/15]
- Trump’s thoughts on Hillary Clinton: “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?” [Twitter, 4/16/2015]
- Trump expects men will assault women in the armed forces: “26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military — only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?” [Twitter, 5/7/13]
- Trump claimed Arianna Huffington’s husband left her over her looks: [email protected] is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.” [Twitter, 8/28/12]
- Trump attacked Bette Midler over her looks: While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct. [Twitter, 10/28/12]
- Trump on earning money with women: “The only time I’ve ever made money with women was when I bought the Miss Universe Pageant. [HuffPost, 2011]
The Florida Democratic Party also asks if these sexist remarks are what Pam Bondi meant by empowering women with her opinion piece titled “President Trump empowering women across America.”