Ron DeSantis continues to dodge questions about his relationship with Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, but new details have emerged almost daily, highlighting a more complex relationship than DeSantis first led on. The FDP has compiled a timeline – outlining all of their public sightings that have been revealed to date.
“The trail of corruption is growing, and the walls are closing in on Ron DeSantis,” said FDP Chair Terrie Rizzo. “He can no longer deny his disturbing connection to these men who are accused of meddling in U.S. elections. Floridians deserve answers on what he knew about Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman when he took the money, and what was asked of him during their private conversations.”
June 21, 2018
- Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman gave DeSantis’ political committee Global Energy partners gives $50,000.
July 18, 2018
- Parnas was on the host committee for a DeSantis fundraiser featuring Donald Trump Jr.
October 3, 2018
- Parnas again was on the host committee for another DeSantis fundraiser.
November 4, 2018
- Lev Parnas and Rudy Giuliani are spotted with DeSantis at Daytona Beach rally.
- Later that day, Parnas and Giuliani also attended DeSantis Boca Raton rally.
- Parnas is pictured on a private plane with Giuliani that same day. Parnas’s attorney told Politico “‘if he was in the pictures,’ then Parnas was likely on the DeSantis campaign plane.”
November 6, 2018
- Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman are pictured at DeSantis election night party — where Parnas is spotted hugging DeSantis after his victory.
October 9, 2019
- Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman are indicted on charges of funneling foreign money to Republican candidates in an attempt to interfere in U.S. elections.
October 10, 2019
- After it is revealed DeSantis received at least $50,000 from Parnas and Fruman, a DeSantis spokesperson claimed to the Miami Herald that the governor had no relationship with Parnas and Fruman.
- After public outcry, DeSantis hands over suspect $50,000 donation to federal government.
- Kenneth Vogel of the New York Times tweets photo of the July 18 fundraiser that names Parnas as one of just 9 committee hosts.
October 14, 2019
- Pictures and video emerge of Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman at DeSantis election night party.
October 16, 2019
- DeSantis admits he “knew” Lev Parnas, but downplays relationship, saying, “I knew Parnas. I didn’t know the other guy as much,” DeSantis said Wednesday. “But this was a guy who was at [Republican National Committee] functions, Trump Victory functions. He was at a lot of these things.”
October 17, 2019
- The Florida Democratic Party requests records related to DeSantis’s correspondence with Parnas, Fruman and Giuliani during his tenure as Governor.
October 18, 2019
- After downplaying his relationship with Parnas, The Tampa Bay Times uncovered more photos of the two embracing in a friendly hug after his election night win.
October 21, 2019
- The Wall Street Journal reported on Parnas’s private Instagram account — which had photos of DeSantis and his election party.
- Politico reported more photos of DeSantis and Parnas during the days leading up to the election that imply the two may have traveled together on a private plane.