Governor DeSantis attempted to rewrite history during his press conference; let’s set the record straight
As Governor DeSantis attempts to rewrite history to cover up President Trump’s negligence in responding to the coronavirus, here is a list of the times Trump himself downplayed the threat of the coronavirus pandemic. DeSantis continues his misguided strategy of parroting Trump, who similarly attempted to deflect blame for his inaction on the media.
Today DeSantis claimed: “It seemed like in February, a lot of folks in the media downplayed it. They said it was less than the flu, don’t worry about it. As we got into late February, early March, it became different, it became different…”
1. January 22nd: “And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”
2. January 30th: “We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.”
3. February 2nd: “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China. We have a tremendous relationship with China, which is a very positive thing. Getting along with China, getting along with Russia, getting along with these countries.”
NOTE: 40,000 people came to the U.S. from China after his travel restrictions.
4. February 23rd: “Yeah, we’re very much involved. We’re very — very cognizant of everything going on. We have it very much under control in this country.”
5. February 27th: “If we were doing a bad job, we should also be criticized. But we have done an incredible job. We’re going to continue. It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”
6. February 28th: “This is their new hoax” He then compared coronavirus to the seasonal flu…